Vimtag Helps Me Be a Better Dog Mom
As many of you know, we’ve been dealing with two issues in our house lately: Atka’s itchiness and Mauja’s anxiety. While we have seen a dramatic increase in both of their issues, we’re definitely not in the clear yet. Atka is still itching more than usual and Mauja is still showing some severe anxiety.
When I had Mauja at the vet recently regarding her anxiety, I also wanted to talk about her fur loss. She has two patches of thinning fur on her hind leg that I noticed during a recent grooming session. When we thought that her thyroid was not functioning normally, we assumed that was the cause of the thin fur.
However, all of Mauja’s lab work came back normal so we were a bit stumped. The vet’s next thought was that she was chewing on her leg which was causing the fur loss. While Nick and I have never seen her chew on that leg, we couldn’t be completely certain. With both of us having full-time jobs outside of the home, we can’t keep eyes on them 24/7.
For a few years now, we have toyed with the idea of purchasing a security camera for the house – mostly to figure out just what Mauja and Atka do all day while we’re gone. I’m pretty sure they sleep all day, but Nick has some pretty wild ideas 😉
When we started worrying about their itching and trying to learn about any possible triggers for Mauja, the thought of a security camera became more than just a fun idea for us – it almost became a necessity. We always want to make sure we are doing everything we can to give them the best life possible.
But really, don’t we all just want to know what our furry babies are up to while we’re gone?
Vimtag Video Monitoring Camera
With the number of surveillance systems out there, it can be difficult to determine which one is best suited for your needs. There are several things that I love about the VImtag camera that set it apart from other video monitoring systems.
- Two-way voice with a built-in mic and speaker (this would have been super helpful with our first dog’s separation anxiety! I always tried to talk to him through Skype, but the sound failed all. the. time.).
- HD video
- Remote pan and tilt to cover every corner of your home
- Night vision for constant monitoring
- Ability to monitor from multiple devices – perfect if you want to be able to monitor on-the-go via your smartphone!
Vimtag’s 4-Step Set-Up
- Head to vimtag.com and set up your free account (or download the mobile app and set your account up there).
- Plug in your camera to a power source.
- Connect the included Ethernet cable from your new Vimtag camera to your router (don’t worry – you can always switch to Wi-Fi connection after the initial set-up).
- Once the set-up is complete, determine where you want your camera placed!
While we have only been using our Vimtag camera for a few weeks, I am absolutely IN LOVE. So much in love that this is not the only time you’ll be hearing about Vimtag from us. With our upcoming move and the chance to finally foster, our new camera is going to be immensely helpful. Plus, I’m sure the fluffies have some crazy antics up their sleeves when they aren’t so camera shy. I’m so excited for all of the future possibilities!
Now be honest – how much do you want a security camera to find out what your furbabies are doing all day? Well, you’re in luck!
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win a Vimtag VT-361 surveillance camera!
Disclaimer: It’s Dog or Nothing was compensated for this post. Don’t worry – an advertiser will never influence the content of this blog and we will only share products and information we trust and believe in.