Vimtag: The Fluffy Monitoring System
Want to read the first post in this series? Click here!
Currently, we are in the middle of a military move. We’ve packed up our home in Montana and are settling into our new home in Washington. Unfortunately, a typical military move isn’t a simple process.
Here’s what the fluffies’ schedule has been like recently:
- Leave home and stay in random hotel room for the night.
- Go back home, but only in the backyard, sleep in same hotel.
- Back to the familiar backyard while all our things get taken away, sleep in the same hotel.
- Sleep in the car for awhile, stay in a new hotel.
- Back in the car, time for a third hotel.
- Live in the third hotel for a week while driving all over and exploring a new town. Finally start to feel settled into the hotel.
- Go to the new home without any of our things.
- Eventually, receive toys and familiar belongings and settle in.
Kind of a lot, right?
That many hotels/changes in scenery is hard for anyone, let alone a dog. Mauja and Atka have been pulled from their familiar life and tossed into a variety of stressful situations in a short period of time. When they’re stressed, I’m stressed. I worry about how much they’re eating, if they’re barking while we’re gone, and if they’re relaxing alright.
To check on them in the past, I’d leave the house and stand outside for a few minutes to listen for any noises. I’d then sneak around the house to find a window to spy on them and hope to avoid being heard. It was always quite the process (although my parkour skills are top notch!).
Since I am currently working from home, Mauja and Atka typically have full-time companionship. Many people don’t have that luxury and have to leave their pets in an unfamiliar place during work hours. While I’m never comfortable leaving Mauja and Atka alone in new places, there have been a few instances where Nick and I both had to be gone at the same time.
Dog Mom Worries
I’m always nervous to leave them, but my Vimtag camera helps me feel comfortable and eases my top three worries when Mauja and Atka are stressed out.
- They’ll bark non-stop. This is definitely my biggest worry. As guard dogs, they are already big barkers and will bark at any little noise. Atka always displays mild separation anxiety in new places and will often bark until I return.
- They’ll chew something. Whether it be the wall (I’m looking at you, Mauja!), the rubber on the floor, or the corner of a dresser, I’m always worried they will chew something. Neither of them have exhibited any destructive behavior in years, but you never know what a stressed dog will do!
- They’ll escape. I have a fear that even with the “pet in room” and “do not disturb” signs on our door that a housekeeper will still come in. Mauja and Atka will see another dog or something interesting and head out on an adventure.
With my Vimtag camera, I can run the quick errand I need to without worrying that Mauja and Atka will disrupt the neighbors while I’m gone. I can watch them to ensure they are chewing on the treats I provided or napping quietly. If anything happens, I can turn around immediately and head back.
While I never like leaving Mauja and Atka unattended in new places, sometimes you can’t avoid it, even with the best intentions. I’m really loving the Vimtag camera to keep an eye on Mauja and Atka during this stressful, yet exciting, time.
Head here to learn more about the Vimtag camera or purchase your own fluffy monitoring system!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Vimtag. I have been compensated to share my experience using the Vimtag monitoring system. Don’t worry – an advertiser will never influence the content of this blog and we only share products we love!