Atka is the weirdest dog ever. He does not like peanut butter and we recently found out he doesn’t like some of the flavors from The Honest Kitchen. Mauja goes bananas when she smells me preparing the food; Atka looks at me like I have offended him. The Honest Kitchen makes some seriously awesome stuff. Atka is just a weirdo.
We received samples of the new Revel flavor in our swag bag at BlogPaws this past weekend. I wanted to find a way for both dogs to enjoy the food, and I figured a frozen treat just might do the trick. So, I created the Revel Frozen Treats.
These are super quick and easy and only require a few steps. Here we go!
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup Revel dog food from The Honest Kitchen
- 1 small container of plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- Carrots (or other veggie)
- Low-sodium chicken broth, if necessary
What To Do:
1. Cook up your chicken. I cooked the fluffies’ in coconut oil for some added health benefits (olive oil is great, too!).
2. While the chicken cools, mix up your Revel food per package instructions. I used both sample packets, which required 2/3 of a cup of water. Let sit for the food to absorb the water.
3. Mix in your greek yogurt. Make sure to break for a taste test!
4. Finely dice your carrots (or other veggies) and chicken.
5. Mix carrots and chicken into the Revel/greek yogurt mixture.
6. If your mixture is thin enough, add it to your freezer molds. My molds are tiny so I needed to thin the mixture a bit. I added some low-sodium chicken broth until it reached the desired consistency; then I added it to the molds.
7. Freeze and enjoy!
I love this recipe because it is so versatile. You can substitute a favorite food flavor, meat, or vegetable to get a result that suits every pooch! Do you think your dog would enjoy this summer treat?