Since yesterday was the first day of fall (yep, I missed it), I thought we’d talk about some fun things to do with your furry friend this fall! I
hate the cold am not the biggest fan of fall and really don’t enjoy pumpkin (not even the Pumpkin Spice Latte – maybe my girl gene is broken?), but Mauja and Atka love the cool air that accompanies the season change. So, just for them, I put on 18 layers bundle up and we head outside to enjoy it together. Here’s 10 things we’re hoping to do this fall:
- Find a dog-friendly pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins together.
- Take a trip to the orchard to pick some fresh apples (then make apple treats!).
- Enjoy the scenery and cool, crisp air with a hike in a new area.
- Make a pile of leaves to jump and play in.
- Get some exercise with some backyard football.
- Create/buy a fun costume for your dog; or maybe you and your dog could match costumes! (now taking suggestions for the fluffies’ Halloween apparel!)
- Throw a “Howl-oween” party.
- Bob for apples (or perhaps they would enjoy hot dogs more).
- Bake some pumpkin inspired treats.
- Attend a dog-friendly outdoor festival.
I’m reeeeally hoping I can find a dog-friendly pumpkin patch here in Montana. I searched endlessly last year, but was unsuccessful. We will definitely be hitting the trails for a few more hikes before the cold comes in just a few short months.
What are your fall plans with your dog?