First, I would like to thank Kimberley from Confessions of a Rescue Mom for tagging us to participate in the 8 Photos of Happiness! This was started by Ariel’s Little Corner of the Internet so head over there to see where it all began. Choosing just 8 photos was extremely hard, so I decided to keep it to dogs to try and narrow things down. Needless to say, it still took me awhile!
1. Atka at the river recently. Atka absolutely loves the water – something that most pyrs don’t really enjoy. Every time he is near the water he is so incredibly happy. That outward joy makes me happy. I can’t help but smile when I see this picture. Doesn’t he look like a polar bear? 😉
2. It’s not the best quality picture, but holy fluffy how adorable! Atka was about 8 weeks in this picture and Mauja was beyond smitten with him. They’ve been best buds since day one <3
3. When Atka’s litter was 5 weeks old, we went to visit so we could choose our puppy (read all about it here). We had decided on this little nugget and my husband captured this moment. It was the hardest thing ever to leave without him! Longest three weeks ever…
4. While we live in Montana, our wedding took place in Pennsylvania where my family lives. Of course we brought the fluffies as they absolutely had to be a part of our wedding! Mauja was the flower girl and Atka the ring bearer. I wish I had gotten better pictures of their special attire. Mauja had a beautiful bow and Atka a bow tie and the ring pillow. I’m looking for a shadow box to keep them in.
6. Can you do anything but smile and be happy at this picture? My in-laws have a lake house and we took the pups to visit. After a romp in the water, Mauja decided to relax on the deck to sun herself (yes, she loves to relax in the sun!).
8. This is the first picture we took of Kaeto when leaving the shelter. He was skinny and didn’t have any manners, but made up for it with his sweet, goofy personality. While this picture makes me happy, I’m crying as I type this. It’s been over two years and I still miss him every day. I absolutely loved his floppy perked ears and his two different colored eyes <3
Well, that’s our 8 Photos of Happiness! I can now tag up to 10 people and here are the rules:
1. Thank the person that tagged you.
2. Give a shout-out to the originator, Ariels Little Corner of the Internet.
3. Post 8 photos that make you happy.
4. Give a brief description of each picture.
5. Tag up to 10 people to participate.