Since yesterday was the first day of fall (yep, I missed it), I thought we’d talk about some fun things to do with your furry friend this fall! I
hate the cold am not the biggest fan of fall and really don’t enjoy pumpkin (not even the Pumpkin Spice Latte – maybe my girl gene is broken?), but Mauja and Atka love the cool air that accompanies the season change. So, just for them, I put on 18 layers bundle up and we head outside to enjoy it together. Here’s 10 things we’re hoping to do this fall:
- Find a dog-friendly pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins together.
- Take a trip to the orchard to pick some fresh apples (then make apple treats!).
- Enjoy the scenery and cool, crisp air with a hike in a new area.
- Make a pile of leaves to jump and play in.
- Get some exercise with some backyard football.
- Create/buy a fun costume for your dog; or maybe you and your dog could match costumes! (now taking suggestions for the fluffies’ Halloween apparel!)
- Throw a “Howl-oween” party.
- Bob for apples (or perhaps they would enjoy hot dogs more).
- Bake some pumpkin inspired treats.
- Attend a dog-friendly outdoor festival.
I’m reeeeally hoping I can find a dog-friendly pumpkin patch here in Montana. I searched endlessly last year, but was unsuccessful. We will definitely be hitting the trails for a few more hikes before the cold comes in just a few short months.
What are your fall plans with your dog?
Happy Howloween furiends! The fluffies had a fun Halloween inspired photo shoot to get into the spirit. Well, I thought it was fun… they tolerated it.
There have been so many adorable posts lately for homemade Halloween inspired dog treats. Since I’m a slacker, the fluffies will be getting store bought treats. For the non-slackers, I thought I would round up a few of my favorite recipe finds!
- We cannot get over how cute these Candy Corn frozen dog treats are from Beagles and Bargains. Just because the cooler weather is coming doesn’t mean you have to ditch the frozen goodies!
- Mummy pumpkin and cheese dog treats?! I’m going to attempt to make these, but I’m sure they won’t turn out as well as Kol’s Notes.
- Need another frozen treat option? Check out these Creepy Halloween Frosty Dog treats from Sugar the Golden Retriever.
- Have a pumpkin loving pooch? Try these Frosty Pumpkin treats from Miley’s Daily Scoop!
I’m sure I’ve missed many, many posts these past few weeks as our wedding is rapidly approaching! What Halloween inspired treats do you love?