Bully sticks are a staple in the fluffy house. We always have a large stash and Mauja and Atka are not pleased if they don’t receive their evening chew. Currently, bully sticks are my favorite treat to give the fluffy butts and I’m sure they will be for quite some time.
Why Bully Sticks?
- Bully sticks are natural. Bully sticks are a natural treat free of preservatives, chemicals, and dyes and fully digestible – a must for anything I give the pups.
- Bully sticks help maintain oral health. They can prevent the build-up of plaque and tartar and stop cavity formation. They also help prevent periodontal disease and gingivitis. I definitely notice a difference in Mauja and Atka’s teeth when they don’t receive bully sticks frequently. I do brush their teeth, but hey – we’re all human and I do forget sometimes! Bully sticks help fill the gap.
- Bully sticks relieve boredom. Bored dogs can get into a lot of mischief since they don’t have a proper outlet for their energy. A bully stick can help alleviate boredom and stress through chewing.
- Bully sticks are high in protein. A high-protein, low-fat treat is great for overweight dogs and healthy weight dogs alike. Bully sticks also contain vitamins and minerals such as calcium and magnesium for strong bones.
- Bully sticks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. There definitely isn’t a “one size fits all” approach for bully sticks so it is easy to find one best suited for your individual dog. They can be small, long, braided, or even a ring. I like to mix up shapes and sizes to keep it interesting.
Why Raw Paws?
I was first introduced to Raw Paws Pet Food at BlogPaws back in May. I’m really not interested in feeding the fluffies raw, so I overlooked the company at first. After a wonderful chat with a member of the Raw Paws team (I don’t remember much – the weekend was a whirlwind!), I pulled up the website to see what they had to offer, fully expecting to see a site full of things I wasn’t interested in purchasing.
I was definitely wrong.
Raw Paws has an entire line of high-quality chews and treats. From antlers to bully sticks to freeze-dried treats, they have it all! Mauja and Atka are chomping on the 6 in Jumbo Bully Sticks, but you can also get standard thickness, 12 in, or bully rings. Most importantly, all products from Raw Paws Pet Food are free of anything artificial, USA raised, and USDA inspected. This gives you peace of mind in what you are feeding your beloved furbaby.
If you are interested in raw feeding, I highly recommend stopping by the Raw Paws site for some information and guidance. They make raw feeding easy and affordable for pet parents. You can also schedule a free consultation or have the Raw Paws staff help you create a custom meal plan for your dog.
For those of us not interested in raw feeding, there are several high-quality products we can purchase from Raw Paws Pet Food.
[tweetthis]Bully sticks are a great natural #treat for your #dog. @RawPawsPet has you covered![/tweetthis]
Want to try Raw Paws Pet Food bully sticks for your dog? Enter the giveaway below!
+a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: It’s Dog or Nothing was compensated to help spread the word about Raw Paws Pet Food. Don’t worry – an advertiser will never influence the content of this site and It’s Dog or Nothing only shares products we believe in and feel you would enjoy. Thanks for supporting It’s Dog or Nothing!
I got a large bag of bully sticks from a friend who couldn’t stand to be around them when she found out they were bull testicles.
LOL. I just try not to think about it 😉
Sharon Gilbert says
Thank you for sharing the information on the 5 benefits of a bully sticks.
Tenacious Little Terrier says
How long does a bully stick last the fluffies? Mr. N can chew on one for months! He’s not a very aggressive chewer though.
That’s insane! A 6 in jumbo will normally last around 15-30 minutes, which is pretty darn good for these two. If I really want to keep them occupied, I get the 12 in braided bullies. They normally last around 30-45 minutes 🙂
Kevin @ MyDogLikes says
That is really great to know. Our boys can chomp through the Bully Sticks we get from the local pet store in under a minute. They love them but I always feel a little disappointed they don’t last longer. We will definitely give these Raw Paws a try!
GoldenDaily Scoop says
Great post! Now if you could just convince mom to buy us some! 🙂
Jen Gabbard says
Laika certainly loves Bully Sticks, a little “too much” sometimes and she gets a little fussy when it’s time to put them up for the night. I still remember the look on my boyfriends face when he asked “what’s that” and I explained the lovely world of bully sticks to him 🙂
My girls love antlers. We haven’t tried bully sticks. I am going to check out the Raw Paws website to find out about their antlers and bully sticks. I liked reading that all products from Raw Paws Pet Food are free of anything artificial, USA raised, and USDA inspected.
Daisy The French Bulldog says
We love bully sticks in our house. Unfortunately, it usually ends up in a major fight between my sisters and I, so my humans make us chew our sticks in separate rooms!
I highly recommend bully sticks for my students’ dogs, and I use bully sticks with my own dogs. The only “con” is some bully sticks are extra stinky!
Lauren Miller (ZoePhee) says
The girls absolutely love bully sticks! It’s the one treat I know I can give Phoenix and know that she won’t get an upset tummy! 😀
Barbara Rivers says
We also love bully sticks here in our pack!! The pups have had the pleasure of chewing a pair of jumbo bully sticks from Raw Paws, but they would definitely like an encore 😉 Our pups started eating a raw diet several months ago, and we’ve ordered from Raw Paws a few times. Their selection (both for raw & treats/chews) is absolutely amazing!
Chuleta is a senior, now, and due to her liver levels cannot have a dentistry, so she can’t chew many things. She does love bully sticks, though, so I will definitely look into this company for her. Thanks for the post!