10 Reasons I’m Thankful for My Great Pyrenees
This time of year, our social media is flooded with daily thankfulness posts. I love the idea of these, but I’m going to be honest – I don’t have the drive to post something every day of November. It’s not that I can’t think of things I’m thankful for, it’s just actually taking the time to post something. Please tell me I’m not the only one!
However, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to take some time to share 10 reasons I’m thankful for my Great Pyrenees.
- My right arm, especially my bicep, could flip a car thanks to the strength it has gained from the endless brushing. I really need to switch arms more frequently so my left arm muscles catch up!
- I can remain standing and successfully maneuver myself out multiple leashes tangled around my legs. This usually occurs when over exuberant fluffies try to make new friends.
- I’ve mastered the art of fur removal. It may take eight tools and a piece of my sanity, but I can get my home fur-free. For like five seconds, anyway.
- I’m very skilled in stuffed animal surgery. I can restuff and stitch up destroyed toys to make them last longer and hopefully save a little money.
- My patience level is amazingly high. Handling pyr independence requires a lot of patience and a lot of humor 😉
- I’ve perfected getting red wine out of various surfaces, including dog fur. Happy tails have spilled wine glasses more times than I’d care to admit!
- Speaking of wine stains, mud stains also stand no chance against my stain-removal skills.
- My multitasking skills are top notch. Want to know about the breed while I’m reading a food label or trying to check out at the store? I’ve got this.
- I have ninja-like reflexes. Did you hear the dog bark on TV? I bet you didn’t. I was able to lunge for the remote and mute the TV before you realized what was happening.
- I always feel loved and safe <3
Related: A Beginner’s Guide to Great Pyrenees
I’m so thankful for my Great Pyrenees. Since they’ve helped me grow in so many ways, I try and always show them how important they are to me. We have two favorite ways to bond: outings and special meals/treats.
Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treats
Vita Bone Artisan Inspired Dog Treats are made with real meat, fruits, and veggies and are the pyrfect crunchy treat for my Great Pyrenees. Better yet, the Turkey Stuffing & Cranberry flavor is amazing for this time of year. I was told they smelled like Thanksgiving dinner, but I wasn’t convinced. Let me tell you, they smell just like stuffing! I may have taken a few sniffs from the bag while taking photos.
A few other things I love about Vita Bone Artisan Inspired treats:
- No corn, soy, by-products, or artificial flavors
- Sourced and made in America
- From a family-owned company since 1972
Disclaimer: It’s Dog or Nothing was compenstated for reviewing the product mentioned above. Don’t worry – an advertiser will never influence the content of this blog and It’s Dog or Nothing only shares products we love and believe in.