Protecting My Pyrs with The Door Guardian
As someone very invested in rescue, I’ve worked with several organizations. These have ranged from local shelters, to giant breed rescues, to Great Pyrenees-focused rescues. While every organization has its own set of rules, one thing has never changed when it comes to the Great Pyrenees breed: a six-foot fence is required.
Now, this is something that can get a bit controversial. Some people wholeheartedly agree while others see more gray in the rule. However, everyone can agree on one thing – pyrs are known to be escape artists.
The Great Pyrenees is an amazing guard dog. While they were bred to guard livestock, many pyrs are more than happy to guard their family and treat them as their flock. Part of the reason they succeed as guard dogs is their tendency to roam, but another reason is their extreme intelligence, which many interpret as stubbornness.
This extreme intelligence is often demonstrated in the ability to escape your home, your yard, or any other containment. If they are unhappy in their current location, they will figure out a way to be where they want to. Some jump fences, some climb out of their containment, and others learn to open the doors of your home.
The Door Guardian
The Door Guardian is an easy-to-use tool to prevent your dog from heading out on his own adventures. Perfect for securing front doors, side doors, back doors, garage doors, and balcony doors, the Door Guardian can be used in any home, apartment, condo, etc. that needs a little extra security.
Some great features include:
- Resists forced entry. I’m always worried about someone breaking into our house, even though we keep all of the door and windows locked. The extra barrier gives me added comfort and security.
- Pet proofs exterior doors. The Door Guardian is effective at keeping even the most proficient escape artists contained.
- Installs effortlessly. I’m definitely not the most handy person (I know, shocking!), but even I was able to do the installation. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
- Spring-loaded for easy use. I’ve used similar door products before and have always struggled with the ability to open and close them. The springs make it super easy to manipulate!
- 6 finishes. The Door Guardian comes in six different finishes to match any decor.
Overall, the installation of The Door Guardian was very easy. Just pick the location you want the device, use a few screws, and you’re good to go! We did end up having to use some of our own screws, but that was only because the screws provided were a tad long for our narrow door frame.
I am absolutely loving our Door Guardian so far. I have it on our front door as added security and intend to get The Patio Guardian for our patio doors. Check back next month for more detailed info and an update on how we’re liking it!
To keep up to date with The Door Guardian, follow them on Facebook. You can also get your paws on The Door Guardian by visiting their website to purchase online or find a retailer near you!
Disclaimer: I received the product mentioned above and compensation in exchange for my honest review. Don’t worry – an advertiser will never influence the content of this blog and It’s Dog or Nothing only shares products we love and believe in.