Great Pyrenees New Year’s Resolutions
I’m not one to make resolutions for the new year, but I do always set goals for myself. I have a lot of goals this year, many involving Mauja and Atka. This year I will finally get the courage to take Atka for his therapy test – I know we can do it! Setting my own goals got me thinking, shouldn’t the fluffies have goals, too? Here are Mauja and Atka’s Great Pyrenees New Year’s Resolutions for 2017.
- Accept that outdoor cats are okay and eliminate the need to yell at them to come inside everytime one passes the house.
- On the rare occasion that the bed is chosen as the ideal place to sleep, sleep on mommy’s side of the bed rather than daddy’s (unlike Nick, I don’t mind being squished!).
- Be less of a drama queen about wearing a harness.
- Stop sneezing in people’s faces.
I asked Mauja if she had anything she felt she should add to her list. She said she only has one goal for 2017: eat more marshmallows. 😉
She didn’t want to hear it when I told her she gets quite enough marshmallows.
- Stop hovering over Mauja as she finishes her treat. If she decides she doesn’t want the rest of it, she’ll walk away – no need to stay so close 😉
- Trust that the neighbor using the very tall ladder in his backyard knows what he’s doing. Barking at him is only distracting.
- Close mouth and swallow before walking away from the water bowl.
- Refrain from trying to lie down in and/or drink out of every puddle.
I also asked Atka if he had anything to add to his list. Atka’s 2017 goal: figure out how to keep Mauja off of his blanket.
Fair, Atka. Fair. She is becoming quite the blanket hog these days.
I could list many, many Great Pyrenees New Year’s Resolutions, but I’m trying to keep things reasonable here 😉
Do you think your dog should have any goals for 2017? If you asked your dog, what would he say his goals would be?